This program is very unique because:
1. There is no other cosmetology school or salon giving this classes in Spanish .
2. Cosmetology is a career that is always on demand
3. Flexible hours
4. Access in the heart of Hispanic Community
5. its free
The road blocks =requirements
The requirements by the State of Michigan are :
1. the Student must be 17 years or older
2. completed 9 nth grade or GED (can be in Spanish
3. Its a two year program ,must to complete 1920 hrs
4. Must attend no less that 80 hrs per month (flexible hours)
To obtain their license :
must pass practical and theory test ( I’m also a Cosmetology Instructor )
Impact:The Hispanic Community
People that don’t speak English or those who can’t afford the cost of a beauty school which the cost is $15,000 to $30,000
Once the students graduate from the program ,and get their cosmetology license ,they will be able to get a job in a Beauty Salon ,Spa or why not?open their own business.
It will grow their confidence , they will be proud of them ,and most important they will see that is possible to achieve their goals if the opportunity is present .
What I Will Do With $5,000
I will buy:
projector which will go with the lap top for more visual aid
desk for students
desk for my self
new teaching material (books,DVD’S.