5x5 Night Rules
- Website users may submit more than one idea for consideration.
- Ideas may be submitted at any time.
- Ideas submitted in the week between the deadline for voting and the 5×5 Night event will not be publicly viewable until after the 5×5 Night event.
- Ideas not chosen for 5×5 Night must be resubmitted to be reconsidered.
- Ideas submitted to 5x5night.com are limited to a maximum of 5 submissions.
- The top five ideas, based on votes and the host committee's decision, will present at the next 5×5 Night.
- Five months must have passed after an idea's 5x5 Night presentation in order to be eligible to present the same idea again.
- No grant money goes to a user for winning the online vote; judges will decide on awards of grant money at the event following the presentations.
- Judges have full discretion over allocating the $5,000.
- 5×5 organizers may remove any idea from the website at their discretion.
- Each voter is an individual website user. Votes may be cast only at 5×5night.com.
- Each voter has five votes to use on five different ideas.
- Administrators of 5×5night.com will not count votes cast by users whom they suspect are attempting to cheat.
- Any payment for a vote or promised compensation of any type for a vote is considered cheating.
- 5×5 organizers may remove or ban a user from the website at their discretion.
Stuff the Lawyers Made Us Include
Participation in the contest constitutes permission for 5x5 Night to use the participant’s name, address (city and state), image, likeness, voice, biographical information, application, presentation, and/or video or audio recordings from the presentation or otherwise for public display and advertising and promotional purposes in any form or media now known or developed in the future without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
5x5Night may temporarily or permanently suspend the contest, or modify the contest venues, structure, or rules at any time and without advance notice. 5x5 Night, sponsors, and judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify and reject any entries and participants for any reason.
Employees of 5x5 Night and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such individuals (“Related Parties”) are not eligible. A judge and his or her Related Parties are not eligible for the contest in which the judge is serving as a judge.
By entering the contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by the rules and the decisions of 5x5 Night and the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the contest.
Any and all federal, state and local taxes and fees resulting from participation or receipt of any award are the sole responsibility of the participant. All federal, state, and local laws and rules apply. Participants must be legal residents of the United States.
By participating in the contest, all entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless 5x5 Night, the judges, and their respective affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage or injury which may occur in connection with participation in contest, for any claims based on third party rights in the entry or arising out of the use of the entry as allowed by these rules including, but not limited to publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action.
Any attempted entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. 5x5 Night and its affiliates are not responsible for technology, hardware, software, or communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost, congested, or unavailable network or internet connections, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the contest or vote, including issues resulting from downloading any materials from the contest or Sponsor’s website.
[The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these rules or the contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these rules or the contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Michigan, City of Grand Rapids. ]
[THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters that are not subject to arbitration, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to Kent County, Michigan.]
A list of winners will be posted at 5×5night.com following each contest.